- They work to thrive; not just to work. Successful people go to work everyday to get something out of their time there. They want to learn and grow and use their talent and passion to move the company, and themselves, forward.
Unsuccessful people may look at going into work as a burden. They look at work as something that they have to do eight hours a day. Not something they want to do.
- They are extremely driven. Successful people will push and shove their way forward to get to where they want to be in their career. They keep working even after their goals have been accomplished. And then they do it all over again.
Unsuccessful people may stop once their goals are accomplished and “settle” with their work.
- They don’t make excuses. Successful people know that there could be a million excuses; however, forming one won’t get anything done. They realize that and try to get beyond the excuse and see a struggle as an opportunity.
Unsuccessful people may try and blame someone or something else other than themselves.
- They focus on their daily goals. Successful people look at every day as a chance to succeed. By setting goals at work effectively, they are setting themselves up for success. They go into each day with new ones to keep them on track.
Unsuccessful people get distracted easily and their time at work may be spent thinking about other things. This results in not getting done what needs to be done.
- They are willing to fail. Successful people realize that failure may be a part of growth. They understand that with taking chances it could mean they may not succeed. They “go for it” despite the fear in the back of their minds.
Unsuccessful people may not speak up or offer suggestions. They essentially play it safe and don’t understand that with every mistake comes a chance to learn.
Share this Post