Experiencing substantial penalties and lost security deposits with your departing transferees?
With all of the focus that is placed on the Rental Finding Assistance and Settling in Process, it is often easy to unintentionally neglect the importance of Departure Services. Not serving the contracted notice to vacate, failing to document any preexisting damages prior to move in and presenting them upon departure, failing to disconnect utilities, etc. can often result in substantial penalty charges. Particularly with international transferees, it is difficult to recoup security deposits if these issues are not addressed effectively before the transferee departs from their rental home.
Helping You Prepare
When an assignment is nearing its end, PorchLight will help prepare for departure by managing:
- Notice to vacate or lease break negotiation
- Move out inspection
- Security deposit recovery
- Utility service cancellation and disconnection including cable, internet and phone, and mail forwarding
- Repairs, handyman services, home cleaning, rental furniture pickup
- Review move-out requirements for returning keys, garage remotes and any items belonging to the landlord
Although lease review and utility information is provided at the onset with all of our rental assistance services, not all transferees utilize this benefit. If departure services are authorized at the time of rental assistance, we can guarantee that these protective measures are provided:
- Lease review and provide/retain copy of lease
- Assistance in utility connection
- Walk thru at move in, documenting existing damage and photographing it
- Follow up throughout stay to ensure proper notice is submitted and departure services scheduled
You can depend on PorchLight Rental & Destination Services for all of your destination needs. Learn more by clicking here or calling us at 888.622.4325.
“I want to thank Holly and the PorchLight team for helping us coordinate the walk through inspection prior to our assignment ending. You made the process so easy by documenting the details and following-through on everything so promptly. Your level of professionalism, resources and follow through made this experience so positive. We just received our security deposit, in full, due to your efforts. Thank you, again.”