- Timing. The winter months tend to be a tighter time to rent as many current tenants are in the middle of their leases having signed them in the spring or summertime. If you’re relocating with your company, the timing of your move isn’t necessarily your decision. However, if planning around November, December or January, this can be an advantage to the renter. Landlords are more likely to lower prices or negotiate in order to fill any vacancies during this time. Plus, if you are in charge of your moving schedule, you’ll have enough time to search for reliable residential movers to help you relocate. Moreover, you’ll also have time to rent a self storage unit from a reputable self storage facility that offers teardrop pallet rack options to temporarily store your belongings while waiting for the moving day.
- Consider Your Options. Consider scheduling your move date on a weekday to keep costs down. On the weekends, you will find prices higher and the moving process possibly more rushed. If you can, consider hiring alpharretta moving services and any moving equipment Sunday-Thursday which will offer more availability as well as lower costs. Also, try to book with residential movers who are recommended to you by a trusted friend or business associate. Don’t just go the cheaper route or you may end up spending more rather than saving.
- Take a Second Look at What You’re Packing. Make sure what you’re packing away are things you really want to take with you. You can also reach out to some packing and shipping companies for that. Look at moving as the perfect time to get rid of what you don’t want or no longer need. Consider holding a moving sale a few weeks before your scheduled move. Purge what you can rather than pay to move it and you may even make some money off of the items you don’t need.
- Keep Calm and Start the Process Early. This may seem obvious, but life happens and gets in the way sometimes. If you can pack what you know you won’t need first, and as soon as you can, you’ll save yourself some stress later. If possible, disassemble (bed frames, entertainment centers, wardrobes, etc.) what you can on your own and pack away what you are able to. This may save you money with the moving company. The moving process is going to bring some stress regardless of how prepared you are but it doesn’t have to be detrimental.
- Know That You Have Rights. You are in control over which man with a van dublin you hire. Gather as many estimates from moving companies as you can while being as realistic with how much you need moved. When possible, these estimates should be based on an on-site inspection. Keep in mind that if you live within a 50-mile radius of the movers’ location, they are legally required to give you an estimate based on an on-site inspection. You do have the opportunity to waive this, however if at all possible, you want a moving company representative to conduct the estimate in person, on-site. This way you and the movers are all on the same page. Look into a binding estimate which will lock in the price they give you and you won’t need to worry about the cost going up.
Share this Post