If you’re a homeowner and relocating, selling it is probably at the top of your list. With the whole process being stressful, there often isn’t enough time to prepare for these situations. That’s why it’s so important to hire excellent Bristol estate agents to run through the process and provide some helpful tips and tricks so you can ensure your home looks great and is ready to become hot property. Relocating can sometimes take months. However, in some instances, you may only have a small amount of time to sell your home, find one to rent in your new city and relocate your family. When I needed to sell my house fast in Murfreesboro Tn, I gave them a call!
So how do you position your home to sell when you need to be in your new one as soon as possible? House Buyers of America can help you sell your house fast regardless of its condition. If you want to sell your home fast, you might also want to consider visiting Meridian Trust for more details. Here are five golden rules for home staging to keep in mind when putting it on the market.
- De-personalize. You’re probably packing here and there throughout the whole moving process. However, when selling your home think of it this way: potential buyers have a hard time picturing their new home with your things all around. They want to picture it with their household items. Try to take down as many family photos as possible and clear your refrigerator of those finger paintings that take up the whole door. If you need to revitalize some aspects of the home, you can find a tradesman by searching online.
- Maximize. Try to clear your closets of unnecessary clutter and put things away in boxes. With fewer things taking up the space, the larger it will appear. Color coordinate with neutral shades when possible. Put away any televisions in your bedrooms for the time being and anything else that may take away from the central purpose of your room.
- Sanitize. Take a long look in your bathroom(s) and kitchen to see if there are sections that may need some extra TLC. If any walls are grimy or dirty, clean them with a mixture of one part bleach and one part water. Wash and put away any piling, dirty dishes in the sink to make the area clean. Put away clutter on tabletops to maximize the space potential buyers may see. Inviting and relaxing bathrooms and large, open kitchens are some of the most sought after rooms in a new home. Remember this when looking to sell. Make sure that the floors and stairs have non-slip surfaces/pads to ensure safety and prevent slip and fall accidents.
- Modernize. Start building your beautiful glass enclosed shower now, use Glass Shower Direct’s simple glass shower builder to customize your perfect glass shower and have it shipped to your door directly from the factory. Updating and replacing certain outdated items such as kitchen cabinets doesn’t have to be expensive. Sometimes they only need some sanding and a new coat of wood stain or paint. If you have gold fixtures throughout, consider replacing them with nickel or chrome ones for a “newer” look.
- Neutralize. You may have loved that bold red accent wall in your living room when you first moved in, but a potential buyer may only see it as another thing they have to change. If you don’t have the time to repaint, hire painters to do it for you. It’s one of the least expensive ways to change the look and feel of a home. Also, set your dining room table to make it look less ordinary and more inviting. Allow those interested in your home to be able to picture it in action. Just be careful to not over stage it.
Staging your home doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take away too much of your time. Another tip you should also follow is to fill an aged care property report and see if necessary repairs needs to be done prior selling. This could also potentially raise the house value and assure the buyers that the home is safe to live in. If mold is discovered in your home, this could affect it’s value or the time it’s going to take to sell your home so at the first sign of mold growth, contact a mold removal company at once. Most importantly, make sure that the flat roof or metal roofing is still in good condition before selling as sometimes a roofing replacement is needed. If you recently had a roof inspection and found out that your residential roof is not in good condition, make sure to do the necessary roof repair or a new roofing installation. You can ask the the help of professional roofing contractors who can provide expert roofing services and upgrade your roofing at your home.
A few updates here and there may be the selling factor that will save you time and stress, so you can move on and settle into your new home.
Share this Post